Tour code: LPQ-68 Duration: Approx 2 Days / 1 Nights
Go on an exhilarating adventure through the countryside of Nong Khiaw by bicycle and trekking through the trails and discover remote villages along the way!
- Venture Through The Scenic Beauty Surrounding Nong Khiaw by Riding on a Bicycle and Trekking Along the Beaten Trails
- Gain some Knowledge on the Culture and Customs of the Ethnic Groups of Laos, Which Includes the Khmu and Hmong People
- Revel in the Spectacular Natural Beauty as you ride Along the Trail, Passing Towering Limestone Mountains and Verdant Jungles
Day 1 - Biking/ Trekking/ Khmu Village Homestay
You will start your journey as the Sun begins to rise by first heading to a local bike shop in the ancient city of Luang Prabang, where you will be properly-fitted on a mountain bicycle. Ride along the paths from the city centre all the way to the north amid picturesque landscapes along the Mekong river. Watch as the tall skyscrapers slowly diminish as you leave the city of Luang Prabang behind and enter into developing villages. Be greeted with smiles from the villagers as you ride pass the remote villages and into the tightly-packed jungles that tower over the trails, providing shade from the Sun. Venture further into the mountainside and stumble upon the remote mountain villages, which is where you will take a break and indulge in some delectable lunch.
Your journey continues by traversing along a sturdy bridge to cross the Nam Khan river on a boat and then hiking through the beaten paths within the depths of the dense jungle before arriving at a Khmu village. Explore the remote Khmu village along the well-trodden paths to discover traditional houses and friendly villagers. Revel in the spectacular sights of the limestone mountains that tower mightily over the region. After an exhausting adventure, you will head to your homestay, that has simple decor but it is comfortable to reside in. Take the chance to explore the serene village and discover the culture and customs of the remarkable hill-tribes, that still practice similar traditions for many centuries in Laos.
Day 2 - Jungle Trek / Hmong and Khmu Village
Awake to a delightful breakfast that is a surefire way to begin your adventure before embarking on an exciting trek through some of the most stunning landscapes in the area. Take a hike along trails within the foothills within a larger mountain in the area. Admire the beautiful sights of the mountain silhouettes as you traverse along the beaten trails. The beaten trails are linked with the remote Hmong and Khmu villages. After a tiring trek, you will have your delicious lunch, either within the depths of the lush jungle or within a Hmong village. Your journey concludes as you head back to a camp by crossing a river by hopping on a boat before heading back to the ancient city of Luang Prabang.
- 15 - 30 days prior to the tour date, 30% of total package payment incurred
- 7 - 14 days prior to the tour date, 50% of total package payment incurred
1 - 6 days prior to the tour date, 100% of total package payment incurred
No show, and cancellations on the tour date: No refund allowed.
- English-speaking Guide
- All Vehicle Transfers
- Boat Transfers
- Meals (1 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner)
- Village fees
- Drinking Water
- All Permissions and Taxes
- Fair Trek Funds
- Equipments Rental
What’s Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Specialty Drinks
- Hotel Pick Up/ Drop-off
- Minimum two(2) pax for the tour to be confirmed
- Pick up and drop off service can be arranged for hotels in the city centre, with additional cost. Please check with Adventoro Concierge (Call / Whatsapp +6010 468 8011)
- On your first day, the trail will be 42 kilometres of biking along mixed paved and dirt roads, normally taking about 3.5 hours to complete. The trekking trail will be 4 kilometres, through easy trekking trails, normally taking a little more than one hour to complete
- On the second day, the trek is about 12 kilometres through scenic medium-difficult trails, normally taking 5-7 hours to complete depending on the trail and weather conditions
- It is advised to bring along the hat, sunglasses, camera, sunblock, mosquito repellent, trekking sandals, rain gear, toilet paper and small backpack, torch/flashlight, toiletries, change of clothes and a small amount of money
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing tours
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during the stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own