Tour Code: LGK-26 Duration: Approx 4 Hours
Embark on a kayaking adventure as you discover the wonders of the Kubang Badak mangrove forest and take a refreshing dip in the jungle pool.
- Be Amazed at the Enchanting Natural Beauty of the Mangrove Forest Reserve
- Experience the Thrill of a Kayaking Adventure
- Discover the Diverse Flora and Fauna in the Lush Rainforest
For the more energetic and adventurous explorers, this kayaking experience is for you! Kayak along the Kubang Badak River and explore the mysterious uniqueness of the Kubang Badak mangrove forest reserve. Manoeuvre your way along the meandering river passages and discover this famous UNESCO World Heritage Site and its natural beauty. Start off with a quick briefing and some helpful kayaking tips for beginners from your friendly guide. Strap on your safety life jackets and you’re ready to take off!
Our kayaking journey will either begin at the coast ending upriver or vice versa, susceptible to the tidal conditions. Admire the limestone forests perched atop the slopes of the spectacular limestone outcrops of the northeast of the Jewel of Kedah. Your guide will provide interesting facts and explanations of the importance of the intrinsic ecosystem of the mangrove forest. The intertwining roots of these unique plants are a feeding and breeding ground for many organisms such as fish and are also used to protect themselves from predators.
As you kayak along the Kubang Badak River, uncover the hidden secrets of the abundant wildlife and its spectacular environment. The rich diversity of wildlife you will encounter along the way are such as the Brahminy kites, herons, mudskippers, white-bellied sea eagles, macaques, monitor lizards, herons and fiddler crabs among the others. On occasion, you may even get to catch sight of the resident otter family.
Your kayak adventure will take you pass a local fishing station where you will see the local fishermen gather or leave to go to sea. To replenish your energy, we will then proceed towards a local restaurant for some delicious lunch and refreshments. After your hunger has been satisfied, we will continue our adventure and trek a short jungle trail towards a pristine secluded pool. Take a refreshing dive into the inviting clear and cool waters to relieve yourself from the heat beating down from the sun.
- 9:30 am to 10:00 am
- English-Speaking Guide
- Return Transfer
- Kayaks & Equipment
- Insurance Coverage
What's Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Gratuities (Recommended)
- Personal Expenses
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeings
- It is recommended to bring or wear a hat, t-shirt, shorts, swimwear, sun protection, towel, sandals or sports shoes, towel, a change of clothes and your camera at your own risk
- Child prices apply for children of ages 5 to 12. A minimum of two (2) adult tickets are required to be eligible for child ticket prices
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own