Tour Code: VDH-16 Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
Visit the famous shooting site for the blockbuster movie “Kong: Skull Island” and make your way into the longest cave of the Tu Lan Cave System
- Visit Rao Nan River, the Shooting site for the Hollywood Blockbuster “Kong: Skull Island”
- Explore Ken Cave - the longest cave in the Tu Lan Cave System
- Sleep Under the Stars on an Outdoor Campsite by the Beautiful To Mo Valley
- Fall in love with the Calcite Stalagmites, Stalactites and Glittering Fossils Adorning the Ceiling and Walls of Hang Chuot
The many caves of Tu Lan Cave System give you ample opportunities to marvel at the beautiful and different interior of the caves. Let yourself have a change of pace by exploring more of the less traversed side of the Tu Lan Cave System. Make your way to Ken Cave, the longest cave in the cave system and fall in love with the beautiful mineral formations and fossils hanging by the ceiling and walls of Hang Chuot in this adventurous endeavour.
Day 1 - Phong Nha / Tan Hoa / Rat Cave / Tu Lan
After we pick you up from Phong Nha, we will first head to the little village of Tan Hoa. There, you will be briefed on the safety procedure and safety standard of the journey. Once the Release Form is signed, we will leave for the jungle. Starting off easy, you will trek the first 2.5 km while admiring the vast fields of farmland spanning far into the horizon. After a while, you will arrive at Rao Nan River where you will continue making your way up to the short hill into Rat Cave. Entering the cave, fall in love with the beautiful calcite stalagmites as you take pictures of the memory and wondrous rock formations. When you finally make your way out, lunch will be waiting for you by the river at La Ken Valley.
After a fulfilling lunch, you will continue your track with 150 m up Lom Com Mountain. Continue your way through Flat Rock Peak and make your way up Mango Peak on Mango Mountain where you will stop for a quick break. Next, make your way downwards to Tu Lan Valley where you will finish your afternoon by swimming around the waterfall before you go for your dinner and sleep your way to tomorrow.
Day 2 - Ken Cave / Tu Lan / Hang Kim / To Mo
Today, you are going to get wet. So, strap up your backpack and ready yourself for some water adventure! Finishing your breakfast, you will continue with a swim directly into Ken Cave. Marvel at the beautiful rock formations and pristine water as you explore the longest cave in Tu Lan Cave System. Take your time and snap your camera away as you have the morning to fully familiarise yourself with the cave. After you have finished your exploration, you will return to camp for more waterfall swimming, a rest and some delicious picnic lunch.
With lunch over, swim back to Tu Lan Cave for 200 m followed by 1.5 km of trekking to Hang Kim where the swimming and exploration continue. From here, the journey continues for 500 m to To Mo Valley and onwards to To Mo campsite. Settle down on this scenic valley, grill your dinner and sleep your exhaustion away as you welcome yet another day tomorrow.
Day 3 - To Mo / Song Oxalis Cave / Hung Ton / Tan Hoa / Phong Nha
Your last day today is the perfect balance of swimming and trekking, so you will be able to enjoy the best of both. After breakfast, you and the team will explore Song Oxalis Cave, another stunning cave in the Tu Lan Cave System. Enjoy the huge interior of the cave, snap your camera and capture the memory. After the exploration, you will get back to the campsite for some snacks before moving on with the journey. Your guide will then lead you and your team upstream on a swim for 100 m past the waterfall and through Hung Ton Cave via the exit. As you explore the dry passage further, you will be led to a 15m ladder up the entrance of Hung Ton.
During the early afternoon, you make your way back across Rao Nan River, the beautiful fields and then back to Tan Hoa. Refresh yourself with some cold drinks and shower before you head back to Phong Nha by 5:30 P.M.
For Join-in Tours:
- If written cancellation request is received and acknowledged more than 90 days before tour departure you will be charged a VND 7,000,000 booking processing fee per person for cancellation and the balance will be refunded
- If written cancellation request is received less than 90 days but more than 45 days before tour departure you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of total booking price and the balance will be refunded
- If written cancellation request is received less than 45 days before tour departure, no refund will be provided under any circumstance. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations
For Private Tours:
- If a cancellation request is received and acknowledged more than 90 days before the tour departure you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booking price and the balance will be refunded
- If a cancellation request is received less than 90 days before the tour departure no refund will be provided under any circumstance. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations
- You may substitute members of the group up to 1 month prior to the tour departure as long as the substitute members meet our medical and fitness requirements
- Return transport
- Camping gear: tent, camp light, sleeping bag, mattresses, pillow
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmets, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Light PVC backpack (if you do not want to take your own, as it will get wet)
- Dry bag (for clothing and personal belonging, excl. electronics)
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 - 46
- Meals including picnic lunches, dinner (day 1 & 2), breakfast (day 2 & 3)
- English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter to carry all camping gear and prepare meals
- Shared dry box for phones and cameras (20 cm x 15 cm or 22 cm x 20 cm and limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water purifier (used only by guide and porters) and water bottle
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
- A secure storage facility at the Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
What's Not Included:
- Travel insurance (you must purchase travel insurance to join this tour, otherwise our team will help you purchase local travel insurance at VND 440,000 for a 4-day trip and you will be billed before your arrival date)
- Any additional costs other than those mentioned above; additional expenses may include laundry services, extra food & drink, and additional water sports & river cruises at Chay Lap Farmstay
- Tip for guide team and porter team
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- This tour requires a minimum of 8 pax to be confirmed
- The minimum age for this tour is 12 years old
- If you are trekking in the colder months (February - March) please bring additional warm clothes for the evening and an extra change of long pants and shirt for swimming
- This tour has a moderate (18 km) difficulty and is designed for physically active guests
- Please note that swimming is necessary for this tour
- Please also note that basic trekking experience is required for this tour
- The operating period for this tour is from December to August and will be closed from September to November
- This tour is subject to availability. Please check with Adventoro Concierge (Call / Whatsapp +6010 468 8011) to inquire about the availability of this tour
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing tours
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during the stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own
- Please Also Bring:
- 2 long (easy to dry) pants and 2 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 - 2 pair of shorts and T-shirt to wear campsite plus swimsuit
- 1 pair of good-gripping and non-waterproof trekking boots/shoes (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 1 pair of flip flops (sandals) for the campsite
- 1 medium size towel
- 2 - 3 pairs of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
Refer to the map below to see a list of pick up locations that are available for you to choose from. You can select your desired pick up location when you book the tour.
List of Locations:
Pick up is also available for other locations under the vicinity of Phong Nha. For more information, please contact Adventoro's concierge service.