Tour Code: VDH-13 Duration: Approx 12 Hours
Experience a thrilling adventure exploring the different caves of Tu Lan Cave System and visiting the famous shooting site of Hollywood blockbuster “Kong: Skull Island”!
- Fall in love with the Stalagmites, Stalactites and Glittering Fossils Adorning the Walls of Hang Chuot (Rat Cave)
- Explore Rao Nan River, the Shooting site for the Hollywood Blockbuster “Kong: Skull Island”
- Jump into the Fresh Water and swim your way out as you Admire the Limestone Walls of Hung Ton Cave
Tu Lan Cave System is unlike other caves. Its dense forest and limestone mountain region have captivated many who come, including Hollywood director Jordan Vogt-Roberts. The site was used as a filming venue the blockbuster movie Kong: Skull Island for its lushness and beauty. This holds true hitherto and you will have plenty of chances to experience it for yourself.
Wake up, stretch your body and look forward to an exciting day ahead. Once you are ready packing it up, hop into the car and we will drive you over the Da Deo Mountain Pass toward the ethnic minority village of Tan Hoa where the Headquarter is located. You will get plenty of chances during the ride to take pictures of the calm and scenic road as your car drives through the side of the mountain. When you arrive in Tan Hoa, you will be able to collect your gear and be briefed on the safety requirement and standard for the journey. Having signed your Release Form, you will then begin your adventure.
You will start with a 2 km walk across the vast plains of peanut and buffalo fields to reach the Rao Nan River. Feel the freshness of the pristine river water and the occasional water droplets tickling your skin as you cross the river and head toward the towering Hang Chuot (Rat Cave). Inside, you will get to marvel at its natural rock formations for a full 280 m. From Hang Chuot, you will continue your way climbing over the mountain and trek through Hung Ton Valley and reach Hung Ton Cave.
Once you reach Hung Ton Cave, descend 15m down a ladder with yourself attached to a safety harness and swim your way through the cave. The 50 m swim along the cave is wet but exciting! Picture yourself in a Hollywood blockbuster movie trying to make your way out of the cave. You are living the lore of aged old Hollywood scene: the main character swimming in cold muddy water reaching out to the end of the tunnel where the light brings relief to the dark cave. We know the drill and we have indeed prepared a reward for you. Once you make your way to To Mo Valley, we have some mouthwatering BBQ lunch waiting for you to dig in.
Rejuvenate yourself by taking a swim at the waterfall before we continue on our adventure to Hung Ton Mountain, across Hung Ton Valley and to another small hill down to Rao Nan River. As you reach the conclusion of your day, make your way and cross the river back to the beautiful peanut and buffalo fields to the HQ. You will be greeted with fresh cold drinks and shower to wash the fatigue away. By 5:00 P.M., we will depart Tan Hoa and arrive at Phong Nha by 6:30 P.M. for you to retreat for the day.
For Join-in Tours:
- If written cancellation request is received and acknowledged more than 90 days before tour departure you will be charged a VND 7,000,000 booking processing fee per person for cancellation and the balance will be refunded
- If written cancellation request is received less than 90 days but more than 45 days before tour departure you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of total booking price and the balance will be refunded
- If written cancellation request is received less than 45 days before tour departure, no refund will be provided under any circumstance. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations
For Private Tours:
- If a cancellation request is received and acknowledged more than 90 days before the tour departure you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booking price and the balance will be refunded
- If a cancellation request is received less than 90 days before the tour departure no refund will be provided under any circumstance. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations
- You may substitute members of the group up to 1 month prior to the tour departure as long as the substitute members meet our medical and fitness requirements
- Return transport
- Cave & safety gear: caving helmets, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 - 46
- Meals including picnic lunches (day 1)
- English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter to prepare meals and pump water
- Shared dry box for phones and cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters)
- Eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat at lunch site
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
- A secure storage facility at the Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
What's Not Included:
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 pax to be confirmed
- The minimum age for this tour is 12 years old
- This tour has an easy (9 km) difficulty and is designed for physically active guests
- Please also note that basic trekking experience is required for this tour
- The operating period for this tour is from December to August and will be closed from September to November
- This tour is subject to availability. Please check with Adventoro Concierge (Call / Whatsapp +6010 468 8011) to inquire about the availability of this tour
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing tours
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during the stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own
- Please Also Bring:
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes - difficult terrain, good footwear necessary
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- 1 pair of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
Refer to the map below to see a list of pick up locations that are available for you to choose from. You can select your desired pick up location when you book the tour.
List of Locations:
Pick up is also available for other locations under the vicinity of Phong Nha. For more information, please contact Adventoro's concierge service.