Tour Code: PAH-04 Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Get the complete Taman Negara experience in this 4 days and 3 nights adventure exploring the canopy walkways, zipping down rapids and seeing the amazing flora and fauna!
- Stay at the Picturesque and Serene Mutiara Taman Negara Resort
- Explore the 130-Million-Year-Old Rainforest Through Day and Night Jungle Tours
- Dip in a Beautiful Pool at Lata Berkoh
- Learn About the Culture and Lifestyle of the Batek People
- Stop by the Lubuk Tenor Fish Sanctuary to Feed Hungry Fishes
Day 1 – Kuala Tahan Jetty / Mutiara Taman Negara Resort
Once you have arrived at the National Park and Wildlife Department, proceed to register yourself. Next, you will have to get a water taxi to be ferried across to the Mutiara Taman Negara Resort for check-in. Once you have sorted things out and rested a little, meet your guide at the Resort’s reception at approximately 8.30 pm who will then guide you through the 130 million years old jungle for a night walking expedition.
Keep to the boardwalk and you may spot nocturnal creatures out lurking in the dark. Listen to the thrum of the rainforest as it comes alive at night, heralding the emergence of animals that thrive in the cover of darkness. After that, turn in for the night as you will require your strength for the next morning.
Day 2 – Teresek Hill / Canopy Walk / Lata Berkoh
On the second day, indulge in a hearty breakfast and proceed to meet your guide to commence the 1.5 hours jungle walk to Teresek Hill. The stunning tropical rainforest atop Teresek Hill will leave you in awe and the various flora found along the way will delight all nature enthusiasts. If the weather permits, Mount Tahan—the highest mountain in Peninsular Malaysia—is a humbling sight to behold. Brave your fear of heights by attempting to cross the canopy walkway that is suspended 40m above the ground.
As the sun swings past its zenith, we will get on a motorised boat to Lata Berkoh where you will lay eyes on an enchanting pool that beckons to you. Take a dip, read or just rest sore feet before heading to the Lubuk Tenor Fish Sanctuary. The sanctuary is a synergised effort involving local villagers and the government to promote ecotourism; visitors will enjoy feeding friendly fishes before returning to the resort, ending the tour for the day.
Day 3 – Rapid Shooting / Traditional Village
Eat your fill as the journey is far from over. Embark on an exciting 30-minute boat ride as you plough through a series of seven rapids to Kuala Trenggan. Take in the unmarred environment and the beauty of the park before proceeding to the Batek Native Settlement. Aptly called the “people of the jungle”, the Batek people are a resourceful nomadic tribe that live an intriguing life in the forest—a world away from the urban life we are so used to. Then, we will visit a traditional Malay village; wander an oil palm plantation and learn all about the processes before heading to a rubber plantation to see how the saps of a rubber tree are extracted. Take a peek into one of the Malay houses as you stop for a refreshing coconut drink. Use this opportunity to mingle with the locals and learn a little about their way of life.
Day 4 – Taman Negara by boat to Kuala Tahan Jetty
Revitalise yourself with a hearty breakfast as you prepare to journey back to Kuala Tahan and then back home after an amazing 3-day adventure in Taman Negara!
- English-Speaking Guide
- Three Nights accommodation based on Family Chalet room category (Twin/Triple Sharing basis)
- Meals at Seri Mutiara Restaurant.
- 4 Days / 3 Nights – 3 buffet breakfasts, 2 set lunch and 3 buffet dinners.
- Guided Activities with Licensed Nature Guide
- Night Jungle Walk, Jungle Trekking to Canopy Walkway & Teresek Hill and Boat Trip to Lata Berkoh
- Fish Feeding at Kelah Sanctuary (subject to availability only)
What's Not Included:
- Tour Excursions Exclude All Entrance Fees Unless Stated Otherwise
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing
- Accommodations are subject to availability. Please check with Adventoro Customer service (Call / Whatsapp +6010 468 8011)
- All rates quoted are based on English-speaking driver-cum-guide
- Please bring a change of clothes of T-shirts, long or short pants, swimwear and towel. Small rucksack for the trek, hat, raincoat, track shoes, sandals, insect repellent, sun protection lotion (for sun sensitive skin) and torchlight. Fishing rod (optional).
- Proceed to the Department of Wildlife to register and to obtain necessary permits and licenses
- The rainy season is between middle November to middle/end of January. During the rainy season, some of the activities may be cancelled for safety purposes
- The boat ride to and from Kuala Tembeling/ Kuala Tahan is not on a private basis.
- It is quicker to go to Kuantan from Taman Negara than via Kuala Lumpur. Optional drop off in Kuantan is with supplement. For those travelling to the east coast town of Kuantan, you will arrive there at around 1530 hrs.
- During the 1st day of Muslim festival (Hari Raya Aidul Fitri & Hari Raya Aidul Adha), the boat departure will be at 1000 hrs from Kuala Tahan to Kuala Tembeling Jetty and from Kuala Tembeling to the resort remain at 1330 hrs. All recreational activities also will be started at 1030 hrs due to prayers.
- Gifts for Orang Asli: We do encourage bringing simple gifts when visiting the native settlement, a normal Asian custom. However, we do recommend items such as exercise books, pencil, rice or biscuits. Sweets and snacks, especially in non-biodegradable plastics, are not encouraged
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own
- Note: Starting from 1st September 2017, a tourism tax of RM10 per room per night will be imposed on non-Malaysian tourists for all types of hotels and accommodations. This is payable to the hotel upon check-out