Tour Code: KUL-70 Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
Soak in the atmosphere of the jungle as you journey deep into the bowels of nature; explore the rainforest during the day and night!
- Stay at the Picturesque and Serene Mutiara Taman Negara Resort
- Explore the 130-Million-Year-Old Rainforest Through Day and Night Jungle Tours
- Dip in a Beautiful Pool at Lata Berkoh
- Stop by the Lubuk Tenor Fish Sanctuary to Feed Hungry Fishes
Day 1 – Kuala Lumpur / Kuala Tahan Jetty (200 Km) then by boat to Taman Negara
Start your adventure the moment you embark on your coach from your hotel lobby between 7.30 am to 7.45 am bound for Kuala Tembeling Jetty. Once you have arrived at the National Park and Wildlife Department, proceed to register yourself and subsequently board a motorised longboat to Kuala Tahan, the headquarters of Taman Negara. The 3-hour boat ride is far from dull as you will pass by quaint villages that are surrounded by a lush tropical rainforest. Sightings of monkeys, water buffaloes and birds are common en route. Upon arrival, you will have to get a water taxi to be ferried across to the Mutiara Taman Negara Resort for check-in.
Once you have sorted things out and rested a little, meet your guide at the Resort’s reception at approximately 8.30 pm who will then guide you through the 130 million years old jungle for a night walking expedition. Keep to the boardwalk and you may spot nocturnal creatures out lurking in the dark. Listen to the thrum of the rainforest as it comes alive at night, heralding the emergence of animals that thrive in the cover of darkness. After that, turn in for the night as you will require your strength for the next morning.
Day 2 – Taman Negara
After a good breakfast at 9.30 am, prepare for a 1.5-hour jungle walk to Teresek Hill. Along the way, your guide will highlight numerous plants and vegetation, providing a truly immersive experience for your enjoyment. On a clear day, the majestic Mount Tahan, the highest in Peninsular Malaysia, can be easily spotted. Before returning, attempt the Canopy Walkway that is constructed 40 metres above ground to observe the rainforest from a different perspective.
Once noon has passed, you will embark on another adventure to Lata Berkoh where you can dip in a pool of surreal beauty. In addition, we will make a pit stop at the Lubuk Tenor Fish Sanctuary where you will be kept busy feeding hungry fishes. Blessed with clear waters on a normal day, this sanctuary is the product of the combined effort of both the local villages and the Malaysian government. After that, we will take a boat back to the resort, drifting slowly and quietly along the river in hopes of spotting elusive wild animals.
Day 3 – Taman Negara by boat to Kuala Tahan Jetty then overland to Kuala Lumpur
Revitalise yourself with a hearty breakfast as you prepare to journey back to Kuala Tahan and then to Kuala Lumpur city centre. The journey home begins at 9 am and it will take about 2 hours to reach Kuala Tahan. From there, the transfer back to Kuala Lumpur which will depart at 1.30 pm and will take another 3 to 4 hours.
- Two Nights accommodation based on Family Chalet room category (Twin/Triple Sharing basis)
- Meals at Seri Mutiara Restaurant.
- 3 Days / 2 Nights – 2 buffet breakfasts, 1 set lunch and 2 buffet dinners.
- Guided Activities with Licensed Nature Guide
- Night Jungle Walk, Jungle Trekking to Canopy Walkway & Teresek Hill and Boat Trip to Lata Berkoh
- Fish Feeding at Kelah Sanctuary (subject to availability only)
- Return transfers
What's Not Included:
- Tour Excursions Exclude All Entrance Fees Unless Stated Otherwise
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeings
- Accommodations are subject to availability. Please check with Adventoro Customer service (Call / Whatsapp +6010 468 8011)
- All rates quoted are based on English-speaking driver-cum-guide
- Please bring a change of clothes of T-shirts, long or short pants, swimwear and towel. Small rucksack for the trek, hat, raincoat, track shoes, sandals, insect repellent, sun protection lotion (for sun sensitive skin) and torch light. Fishing rod (optional).
- Proceed to the Department of Wildlife to register and to obtain necessary permits and licenses
- The rainy season is between middle November to middle/end of January. During the rainy season, some of the activities may be cancelled for safety purposes
- The boat ride to and from Kuala Tembeling/ Kuala Tahan is not on a private basis.
- It is quicker to go to Kuantan from Taman Negara than via Kuala Lumpur. Optional drop off in Kuantan is with supplement. For those travelling to the east coast town of Kuantan, you will arrive there at around 1530 hrs.
- During the 1st day of Muslim festival (Hari Raya Aidul Fitri & Hari Raya Aidul Adha), the boat departure will be at 1000 hrs from Kuala Tahan to Kuala Tembeling Jetty and from Kuala Tembeling to the resort remain at 1330 hrs. All recreational activities also will be started at 1030 hrs due to prayers.
- Gifts for Orang Asli: We do encourage bringing simple gifts when visiting the native settlement, a normal Asian custom. However, we do recommend items such as exercise books, pencil, rice or biscuits. Sweets and snacks, especially in non-biodegradable plastics, are not encouraged
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own
- Note: Starting from 1st September 2017, a tourism tax of RM10 per room per night will be imposed on non-Malaysian tourists for all types of hotels and accommodations. This is payable to the hotel upon check-out