Tour Code: KUL-83 Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
Take a walk on the wild side! Experience the famous 130-million year old forest in this unforgetable adventure that will take you high above the trees and deep within the rivers!
- Explore the 130-Million-Year-Old Rainforest Through Day and Night Jungle Tours
- Experience the Incredible Flora and Fauna of the Forest
- Zoom down the Exciting Rapids in a Long Boat
Day 1 – Kuala Lumpur / Kuala Tembeling Jetty (200 Km) then by boat to Kuala Tahan / HAN Rainforest Resort
Start your adventure the moment you embark on your coach from your hotel lobby between 7.30 am to 7.45 am bound for Kuala Tembeling Jetty. Once you have arrived at the National Park and Wildlife Department, proceed to register yourself and subsequently board a motorised longboat to Kuala Tahan, the headquarters of Taman Negara. The 3-hour boat ride is far from dull as you will pass by quaint villages that are surrounded by a lush tropical rainforest. Sightings of monkeys, water buffaloes and birds are common en route. Upon arrival, you will have to get a water taxi to be ferried across to the HAN Rainforest Resort for check-in.
Once you have sorted things out and rested a little, meet your guide at the Resort’s reception at approximately 8.30 pm who will then guide you through the 130 million years old jungle for a night walking expedition. Keep to the boardwalk and you may spot nocturnal creatures out lurking in the dark. Listen to the thrum of the rainforest as it comes alive at night, heralding the emergence of animals that thrive in the cover of darkness. After that, turn in for the night as you will require your strength for the next morning.
Day 2 – Taman Negara
After a good breakfast at 9.30 am, prepare for a 1.5-hour jungle walk to Teresek Hill. Along the way, your guide will highlight numerous plants and vegetation, providing a truly immersive experience for your enjoyment. On a clear day, the majestic Mount Tahan, the highest in Peninsular Malaysia, can be easily spotted. Before returning, attempt the Canopy Walkway that is constructed 40 metres above ground to observe the rainforest from a different perspective.
Once noon has passed, you will embark on another adventure to do the exhilarating rapids shooting, speeding down the local river rapids on your way to the Orang Asli Village.
Day 3 – Taman Negara by boat to Kuala Tahan Jetty then overland to Kuala Lumpur
Revitalise yourself with a hearty breakfast as you prepare to journey back to Kuala Tahan and then to Kuala Lumpur city centre. The journey home begins at 9 am and it will take about 2 hours to reach Kuala Tahan. From there, the transfer back to Kuala Lumpur which will depart at 1.30 pm and will take another 3 to 4 hours.
- Two Nights accommodation based on Air-con room category (Twin/Triple Sharing basis)
- 3 Days / 2 Nights – 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches and 2 Dinners.
- Guided Activities with Licensed Nature Guide
- Night Jungle Walk, Jungle Trekking to Canopy Walkway & Teresek Hill, Rapids Shooting & Orang Asli visit
- Return transfers
What's Not Included:
- Tour Excursions Exclude All Entrance Fees Unless Stated Otherwise
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing
- Rates displayed is for a minimum of two (2) pax. Tour is subject to availability. Please check with Adventoro Concierge (Call / Whatsapp +6010 468 8011)
- Taman Negara’s canopy walkway is closed every Thursday. It is open from 9am to 3pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. On Fridays, operating hours are from 9am-12pm. Maximum number of visitors per day is 600 visitors
- Please bring a change of clothes of T-shirts, long or short pants, swimwear and towel. Small rucksack for the trek, hat, raincoat, track shoes, sandals, insect repellent, sun protection lotion (for sun sensitive skin) and torchlight. Fishing rod (optional).
- Proceed to the Department of Wildlife to register and to obtain necessary permits and licenses (Park permit RM 1/person and camera license RM 5/camera)
- The rainy season is between middle November to middle/end of January. During the rainy season, some of the activities may be cancelled for safety purposes
- During the 1st day of Muslim festival (Hari Raya Aidul Fitri & Hari Raya Aidul Adha), the boat departure will be at 1000 hrs from Kuala Tahan to Kuala Tembeling Jetty and from Kuala Tembeling to the resort remain at 1330 hrs. All recreational activities also will be started at 1030 hrs due to prayers.
- Gifts for Orang Asli: We do encourage bringing simple gifts when visiting the native settlement, a normal Asian custom. However, we do recommend items such as exercise books, pencil, rice or biscuits. Sweets and snacks, especially in non-biodegradable plastics, are not encouraged
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own
- Note: Starting from 1st September 2017, a tourism tax of RM10 per room per night will be imposed on non-Malaysian tourists for all types of hotels and accommodations. This is payable to the hotel upon check-out