Tour Code: KUL-85 Duration: Approx 15 hours
Experience this unforgettable day trip to one of the oldest rainforests in the world, where flora and fauna is diverse and abundant!
- Explore the 130-Million-Year-Old Rainforest Through Day and Night Jungle Tours
- Rush down the Rapids on an Exciting Speedboat
- Meet the Incredible Orang Asli in Their Village
Our nature adventure starts with a trip bound for Kuala Tembeling Jetty. Once you have arrived at the National Park and Wildlife Department, proceed to register yourself and subsequently board a motorised longboat to Kuala Tahan, the headquarters of Taman Negara. The 3-hour boat ride is far from dull as you will pass by quaint villages that are surrounded by a lush tropical rainforest. Sightings of monkeys, water buffaloes and birds are common en route.
Heading towards Teresek Hill, your guide will highlight numerous plants and vegetation, providing a truly immersive experience for your enjoyment. On a clear day, the majestic Mount Tahan, the highest in Peninsular Malaysia, can be easily spotted. Before returning, attempt the Canopy Walkway that is constructed 40 metres above ground to observe the rainforest from a different perspective.
After we break for a delicious lunch, we embark on another adventure to Lata Berkoh, zipping through the exciting rapids towards the Orang Asli villages, where we will experience the nomadic way of life from the peaceful and friendly locals. After that, we will take a boat back to the resort, drifting slowly and quietly along the river in hopes of spotting elusive wild animals.
Revitalise yourself at the resort as we prepare to journey back to Kuala Tembeling and then to Kuala Lumpur city centre. The journey home will take about 2 hours to reach the jetty and from there, we transfer back to Kuala Lumpur.
- English-Speaking Guide
- Meals: Lunch
- Guided Activities with Licensed Nature Guide
- Jungle Trekking to Canopy Walkway & Teresek Hill and Rapids Shooting & Orang Asli visit
- Return transfers
What's Not Included:
- Tour Excursions Exclude All Entrance Fees Unless Stated Otherwise
- Rates displayed is for a minimum of two (2) pax. Tour is subject to availability. Please check with Adventoro Concierge (Call / Whatsapp +6010 468 8011)
- Taman Negara’s canopy walkway is closed every Thursday. It is open from 9am to 3pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. On Fridays, operating hours are from 9am-12pm. Maximum number of visitors per day is 600 visitors
- Please bring a change of clothes of T-shirts, long or short pants, swimwear and towel. Small rucksack for the trek, hat, raincoat, track shoes, sandals, insect repellent, sun protection lotion (for sun sensitive skin) and torchlight. Fishing rod (optional).
- Proceed to the Department of Wildlife to register and to obtain necessary permits and licenses (Park permit RM 1/person and camera license RM 5/camera)
- The rainy season is between middle November to middle/end of January. During the rainy season, some of the activities may be cancelled for safety purposes
- During the 1st day of Muslim festival (Hari Raya Aidul Fitri & Hari Raya Aidul Adha), the boat departure will be at 1000 hrs from Kuala Tahan to Kuala Tembeling Jetty and from Kuala Tembeling to the resort remain at 1330 hrs. All recreational activities also will be started at 1030 hrs due to prayers.
- Gifts for Orang Asli: We do encourage bringing simple gifts when visiting the native settlement, a normal Asian custom. However, we do recommend items such as exercise books, pencil, rice or biscuits. Sweets and snacks, especially in non-biodegradable plastics, are not encouraged
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own