Subject to Availability
Tour Code: TWU-01 Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Experience the wonders of diving in the crystal-clear waters of Sipadan by staying on the amazing Seaventure Diving Rig and diving in sites such as Mabul and Kapalai!
- Explore the Wonders and Beauty of the Marine Life of Sipadan
- Experience the Amazing Kapalai and Mabul Diving Sites
- See Unique and Beautiful Coral Reefs and Marine Creatures
Day 1: Tawau Airport / Diving Rig (Lunch/Dinner)
We begin our diving adventure with a pick up from Tawau hotel or airport. Transfer to Semporna town for dive check-in/registration at Semporna. Boat journey takes approximately 45 minutes, depending on the weather and sea conditions. We will then check in into your room followed by dive briefing by the Dive Centre crew. Before the day ends we will have a Rig orientation dive underneath the Rig.
Day 2 - 3: Diving Rig / Mabul or Kapalai or Sipadan (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
Wake up bright and early and enjoy the scrumptious buffet-style meals specially prepared by the Rig. Look forward to the 3 boat dives between Mabul, Kapalai or Sipadan, where crystal clear waters and amazing underwater sceneries await you.
Mabul is a small island approximately 15 km away from Sipadan, and is surrounded by white sandy beaches and also home to one of the richest exotic marine life anywhere in the world. Diving around Mabul Island you will come across many unique creatures of the depth, such as frogfish, pygmy seahorses, flamboyant cuttlefish, blue-ringed octopus and much more!
Kapalai was once a beautiful island about 200 years ago, but all that remains is only a sandbar due to erosions from the sea. The dive sites around Kapalai are surrounded by a number of artificial reefs, constructed around the Kapalai Resort with sunken boats, huge metal frames and structures specially created to encourage the growth of corals to induce a thriving eco-system of marine life.
Most famous for being one of the top diving sites in the world, beautiful corals and abundant marine life give divers a memory they will never forget. Green and hawksbill turtles, white tip reef sharks, shoals of barracuda and jackfish will surround your dives. Sometimes you can even catch the unique bump head parrotfish as they make their way across the colourful coral reefs in search of a meal!
Unlimited House Reef Diving
If you’re not going out to the various dive sites around Sipadan, how about heading towards the rig's very own House Reef, right beneath the rig! Famous for its sunken wrecks, cage swim throughs and artificial bungalows with bridges that make up the reefs, this site is ideal for day or night dives where you will find many uniquely weird marine life hiding about.
Day 4: Departure (Breakfast/Lunch)
On departure day, you may only have a maximum of 2 boat dives for guests without flights on the same day. Finish up your dives or relaxation time and proceed to check out of the Rig at 2:00 pm to head towards Semporna.
- 8:00 am to 8:30 am
- 10:30 pm to 11:00 am
- 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Return land transfer: Tawau Airport / Town - Semporna - Tawau Airport / Town
- Return boat transfer: Semporna Jetty - Dive Rig - Semporna Jetty
- Buffet-style full board meals (breakfast/lunch/tea break/dinner)
- Free flow of drinking water, coffee/tea served all day except for alcoholic and carbonated drinks
- Three (3) nights accommodation in Seaventures Diving Rig air-conditioned en-suite cabin with hot shower (Standard Room)
- 3 daily boat dives between Mabul/Kapalai Island or Sipadan Island, except on arrival and departure day. Sipadan diving is subject to permit approval and quota availability
- Unlimited house reef diving with buddy system (time and weather permitted)
- Tanks, weight belt and weights
What's Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Sipadan Permit of MYR140.00/person/day *subject to permit availability and approval
- Additional equipment rental fees
- Bar bills (if any)
- Food brought in by guests that require cooking will be subjected to a surcharge
- Drinks brought in by guests will be subject to a corkage fee
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing
- Availability of this tour is limited, please check with our Customer Service Team on availability before making your purchase - Please call/whatsapp +6010 468 8011
- Child prices only apply to NON-DIVING Children ages of 5 to 11 years
- Diving in Sipadan is subject to permit availability and approval from Sabah Parks Management. However, if permit to Sipadan Island is not available and/or approved, please take note that the package remains in force for 3 boat dives and to be conducted between Mabul or Kapalai or nearby island
- No diving for guests flying on their check-out day. Boat dives are non-transferable and only permitted as scheduled by the management for each diver. Please organize your flights accordingly
- Kindly take note that NO DIVEMASTERS WILL BE LEADING HOUSE REEF DIVES unless prior arrangement is made and is subject to a charge
- Full details of guests are required upon confirmation including full name as per passport, passport number, nationality, date of birth, diving qualification and dietary requirements (if any)
- All children under the age of 10 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times. The Rig will not provide any babysitting services nor will be responsible
- No Children under the age of 12 years allowed in the Games Room
- All confirmed rooms will be ready for check-in after 1400hrs on day of arrival
- Check-out time is no later than 1200hrs (12:00 noon) on the day of departure. The boat leaves at 1400hrs (2:00 pm) sharp, please ensure all bills have been settled and rooms cleared by 1200hrs.
- Please note that all the departure destinations must be confirmed by check-in date. If not confirmed by check-in date, we will transfer the guests to Semporna only
- If you are arriving in Tawau earlier than your check-in date, we will only provide the land transfers between Tawau and Semporna one night in advance of check-in date according to the following transfer times only. For arrivals earlier than this specified period of 24-hours, we will not provide the land transfer
- Boat and land transfers are based on a minimum of two resort guest passengers, if there is only one resort guest on the scheduled transfer, there will be a single supplement surcharge
- Single travellers are required to pay additional MYR75.00 for scheduled land transfer and MYR300.00 for scheduled boat transfer
- Guests must sign a liability release (waiver) and assumption of risk upon arrival and abide by all dive safety rules
- Please be informed that travel and diving insurance is the responsibility of the diver and we recommend you visit the DAN website for further details on this
- Daily entry permit to dive or visit Sipadan Island will be subject to approval by the Sabah Parks Department, which controls the issuing of the entry permits. The total number of divers or visitors allowed to visit Sipadan Island is restricted to 120 people per day for all resorts in total
- A minimum stay of 3 consecutive nights in non-dormitory room diving package is required to be eligible for one (1) day guaranteed Sipadan permit
- Priorities of Sipadan Permits are given to Divers. Non-Divers are subject to permit
- A fee is levied by the Sabah Parks Department of MYR140 per person for all guests entering Sipadan and is valid for ONE (1) day only. This levy charge is to be paid separately as it is NOT included in any of our packages unless clearly stated
- In any event that the trip has to be cancelled; the permit paid is NOT refundable or transferable to a later date. The management will not be responsible for such losses rendered to the guests
- We will strive to keep all guests on the same reservation together on all dives to Sipadan, however, in the event of large groups or situations beyond our control, guests on the same reservation may be split
- Please note that we will forward your names for Sipadan permits as many times as possible. Please inform us if you do not want to be put forward for more than your guaranteed allocation of permits at least 24 hours in advance otherwise you would be charged for the permit acquired
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the restricted Sipadan entry permit quota set by Sabah Parks, guests are required upon booking to submit the full name with nationality, gender, passport numbers and contact address for us to proceed with the permit application. Failure to submit information may result in guest(s) being denied entry to Sipadan Island
- Guests must provide valid, relevant and recognised forms of diving certifications to Seaventures to be eligible to dive. Failure to produce proof of certifications will result in forfeited dives. No Exceptions
- All diving guests are eligible, with the exception of check in and check out days, for 3 guided boat dives per day at various dive sites, at the discretion of the dive team between Sipadan, Mabul and Kapalai Islands. All diving guests are also eligible for unlimited house reef diving, pending appropriate sea conditions
- All divers are required to undergo a general dive and house rules briefing and orientation dive on their check-in day or whenever the Dive Manager deems appropriate
- It is mandatory for all divers to dive with a Dive computer. No sharing is allowed. Dive computers are available for rent at the Rig
- Any diver failing to adhere to the rules and regulations set forth by Seaventures Diving Rig and the Dive Guides will have their dive(s) forfeited without any provision for refunds
- We will strive to honour all scheduled dives. However, due to any reason whatsoever beyond our control, all dives are subject to take place at the discretion of the Dive Manager
- Extra boat dives from those already scheduled within the reservation package will be at a cost and will be subject to Dive Manager's approval
- Dive schedules will change from normal scheduling on the following religious holidays: Eid Ul-Fitr and Eid Ul Adha. These dates vary every year, so please check with local information services
- No diving activities provided on arrival day if guest (s) arrive at the Rig on or after 16:00hrs
- Due to the provision of unlimited house reef diving and 3 boat dives as per schedule, for safety reasons and according to naval research, the duration of all dives is limited between 45 - 50 minutes inclusive of safety stop and no deeper than 30 metres (40 metres for qualified deep divers only)
- All unguided dives are at divers' own risk and responsibility
- Guests undergoing courses are required to complete the necessary skills up to the requirements deemed sufficient by PADI standards and in the time frame allocated by their instructor in order for certification
- Course fees in any part will not be refunded for incomplete courses
- Snorkelling is available at the guests’ own leisure and risk and must coincide with the boating schedules and boat capacity. Divers always have right of way and priority on boats. Snorkelling guides are only provided upon request and subject to availability and at a cost
Refer to the map below to see a list of pick up location(s) that are available for you to choose from. You can select your desired pick up location when you book the tour.
List of Location(s):
Pick up is also available for other location(s) under the vicinity of Tawau. For more information, please contact Adventoro's concierge service.