Subject to Availability
Tour Code: TWU-40 Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
Explore the amazing diving spots of Mabul, Kapalai and even Sipadan and stay at the world's only diving rig!
- Experience the diverse underwater world of Mabul, Kapalai and Sipadan
- Enjoy the Beautiful Sunrise and Sunset from the Comfort of the deck as you bask Yourself Under the Gentle Warmth of Sunshine
- Take a dive Among the Unique House reef of the Diving oil rig
It’s not every day that you get to live and stay in the middle of the ocean on a former oil rig turned diving platform. Located approximately 15 minutes away from Sipadan, the stunning diving resort offers all the best aspects of both an overnight stay and a diving experience. Even better, the deck boasts a stunning view overlooking the sea and the nearby island. Lose yourself in the picturesque scenery of the ocean as you bask yourself under the evening sun amidst the golden sky. The diving platform still maintains much of its characters as a former oil rig so you will be able to see just how versatile creativity can be when combined with architecture. Furthermore, the blueish paint on its exterior exudes the very nuance of an oceanic colour which you will find fitting as you settle yourself in. There are also game rooms and boat rides to the nearby Sipadan Island if you feel like enjoying a boat ride for a change. With skilful staff and top-notch service, the Sipadan Dive Rig will give you an experience unlike any other.
Finally, enjoy the company of fellow travellers and bunkmates as you retire every night into your room. Share with them your own personal experience, your impression of the tour and what you like most about the trip. Do not forget to also discuss with them some diving hot spots and what to look out for while diving into the beautiful azure water. Take pictures, be merry and make new friends along your journey as you share the joy of the dive together.
Day 1 - Arrival to Seaventures Dive Rig (Lunch/Dinner)
On your first day, you will be picked up from Tawau hotel or airport. Then, you will make your way to Semporna town for your diving check-in and registration before departing for the jetty and toward the rig. Of course, if you do not require any pickup, you can make your way directly to Semporna and the jetty for your check-in and boat ride to the rig. After an approximately 45 minutes’ boat ride you will arrive at the rig and will get to settle your belongings into your room. After a briefing from the crew, you will be taken on an orientation around the diving platform and for some short dive should the time and weather permit. Please also note that there will be no diving allowed if you arrive after 4:00 P.M.
Day 2 - Seaventures Dive Rig (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
You will be able to pick what you wish to do during these two days. Among the many other engagements, you will be able to enjoy 3 boat dives between Mabul or Kapalai or Sipadan alongside an unlimited house reef diving with a buddy underneath the rig. Explore the beauty of life under the sea and its colourful residents as you dive and swim alongside the fishes. Do take care of any sharp reef edges and dive responsibly by maintaining the corals as they are. Take pictures, touch the fish and have fun with your diving buddies as you share the moment together and get to know more about the ocean ecosystem of Sabah and Borneo. If you are lucky, you might just find a sand shark roaming nearby! Once you are satisfied, resurface and enjoy your time on the deck sunbathing or indulging in the delicious food prepared for you.
Please do note that while diving in Sipadan is subject to permit availability and approval from Sabah Parks Management, on the occasion that a permit to Sipadan Island is not available and/or approved, the package remains in force for the 3 boat dives and will be conducted between Mabul or Kapalai or a nearby island.
Day 3 - Departure (Breakfast/Lunch)
If you are flying on this day, you will, unfortunately, be discouraged from diving. If you are not, you will get a maximum of 2 boat dives before checking out at 2:00 P.M. in the afternoon. As you wait for your checkout time, take pleasure in the beautiful view from the deck as you dig into the meal prepared for you. After a delicious breakfast and lunch mealtime, head back to Semporna with a wonderful memory and an exciting story to tell.
- 8:00 am to 8:30 am
- 10:30 pm to 11:00 am
- 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Return land transfer: Tawau Airport / Town - Semporna - Tawau Airport / Town
- Return boat transfer: Semporna Jetty - Dive Rig - Semporna Jetty
- Buffet-style full board meals (breakfast/lunch/tea break/dinner)
- Free flow of drinking water, coffee/tea served all day except for alcoholic and carbonated drinks
- Two (2) nights accommodation in Dormitory room based on quad share basis; Using common bathroom with hot shower
- 3 daily boat dives between Mabul/Kapalai Island or Sipadan Island, except on arrival and departure day. Sipadan diving is subject to permit approval and quota availability
- Unlimited house reef diving with buddy system (time and weather permitted)
- Tanks, weight belt and weights
What's Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Sipadan Permit of MYR140.00/person/day *subject to permit availability and approval
- Additional equipment rental fees
- Bar bills (if any)
- Food brought in by guests that require cooking will be subjected to a surcharge
- Drinks brought in by guests will be subject to a corkage fee
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing
- Availability of this tour is limited, please check with our Customer Service Team on availability before making your purchase - Please call/whatsapp +6010 468 8011
- Child prices only apply to NON-DIVING Children ages of 5 to 11 years
- Diving in Sipadan is subject to permit availability and approval from Sabah Parks Management. However, if permit to Sipadan Island is not available and/or approved, please take note that the package remains in force for 3 boat dives and to be conducted between Mabul or Kapalai or nearby island
- No diving for guests flying on their check-out day. Boat dives are non-transferable and only permitted as scheduled by the management for each diver. Please organize your flights accordingly
- Kindly take note that NO DIVEMASTERS WILL BE LEADING HOUSE REEF DIVES unless prior arrangement is made and is subject to a charge
- Full details of guests are required upon confirmation including full name as per passport, passport number, nationality, date of birth, diving qualification and dietary requirements (if any)
- All children under the age of 10 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times. The Rig will not provide any babysitting services nor will be responsible
- No Children under the age of 12 years allowed in the Games Room
- All confirmed rooms will be ready for check-in after 1400hrs on day of arrival
- Check-out time is no later than 1200hrs (12:00 noon) on the day of departure. The boat leaves at 1400hrs (2:00 pm) sharp, please ensure all bills have been settled and rooms cleared by 1200hrs.
- Please note that all the departure destinations must be confirmed by check-in date. If not confirmed by check-in date, we will transfer the guests to Semporna only
- If you are arriving in Tawau earlier than your check-in date, we will only provide the land transfers between Tawau and Semporna one night in advance of check-in date according to the following transfer times only. For arrivals earlier than this specified period of 24-hours, we will not provide the land transfer
- Boat and land transfers are based on a minimum of two resort guest passengers, if there is only one resort guest on the scheduled transfer, there will be a single supplement surcharge
- Single travellers are required to pay additional MYR75.00 for scheduled land transfer and MYR300.00 for scheduled boat transfer
- Guests must sign a liability release (waiver) and assumption of risk upon arrival and abide by all dive safety rules
- Please be informed that travel and diving insurance is the responsibility of the diver and we recommend you visit the DAN website for further details on this
- Daily entry permit to dive or visit Sipadan Island will be subject to approval by the Sabah Parks Department, which controls the issuing of the entry permits. The total number of divers or visitors allowed to visit Sipadan Island is restricted to 120 people per day for all resorts in total
- A minimum stay of 3 consecutive nights in non-dormitory room diving package is required to be eligible for one (1) day guaranteed Sipadan permit
- Priorities of Sipadan Permits are given to Divers. Non-Divers are subject to permit
- A fee is levied by the Sabah Parks Department of MYR140 per person for all guests entering Sipadan and is valid for ONE (1) day only. This levy charge is to be paid separately as it is NOT included in any of our packages unless clearly stated
- In any event that the trip has to be cancelled; the permit paid is NOT refundable or transferable to a later date. The management will not be responsible for such losses rendered to the guests
- We will strive to keep all guests on the same reservation together on all dives to Sipadan, however, in the event of large groups or situations beyond our control, guests on the same reservation may be split
- Please note that we will forward your names for Sipadan permits as many times as possible. Please inform us if you do not want to be put forward for more than your guaranteed allocation of permits at least 24 hours in advance otherwise you would be charged for the permit acquired
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the restricted Sipadan entry permit quota set by Sabah Parks, guests are required upon booking to submit the full name with nationality, gender, passport numbers and contact address for us to proceed with the permit application. Failure to submit information may result in guest(s) being denied entry to Sipadan Island
- Guests must provide valid, relevant and recognised forms of diving certifications to Seaventures to be eligible to dive. Failure to produce proof of certifications will result in forfeited dives. No Exceptions
- All diving guests are eligible, with the exception of check in and check out days, for 3 guided boat dives per day at various dive sites, at the discretion of the dive team between Sipadan, Mabul and Kapalai Islands. All diving guests are also eligible for unlimited house reef diving, pending appropriate sea conditions
- All divers are required to undergo a general dive and house rules briefing and orientation dive on their check-in day or whenever the Dive Manager deems appropriate
- It is mandatory for all divers to dive with a Dive computer. No sharing is allowed. Dive computers are available for rent at the Rig
- Any diver failing to adhere to the rules and regulations set forth by Seaventures Diving Rig and the Dive Guides will have their dive(s) forfeited without any provision for refunds
- We will strive to honour all scheduled dives. However, due to any reason whatsoever beyond our control, all dives are subject to take place at the discretion of the Dive Manager
- Extra boat dives from those already scheduled within the reservation package will be at a cost and will be subject to Dive Manager's approval
- Dive schedules will change from normal scheduling on the following religious holidays: Eid Ul-Fitr and Eid Ul Adha. These dates vary every year, so please check with local information services
- No diving activities provided on arrival day if guest (s) arrive at the Rig on or after 16:00hrs
- Due to the provision of unlimited house reef diving and 3 boat dives as per schedule, for safety reasons and according to naval research, the duration of all dives is limited between 45 - 50 minutes inclusive of safety stop and no deeper than 30 metres (40 metres for qualified deep divers only)
- All unguided dives are at divers' own risk and responsibility
- Guests undergoing courses are required to complete the necessary skills up to the requirements deemed sufficient by PADI standards and in the time frame allocated by their instructor in order for certification
- Course fees in any part will not be refunded for incomplete courses
- Snorkelling is available at the guests’ own leisure and risk and must coincide with the boating schedules and boat capacity. Divers always have right of way and priority on boats. Snorkelling guides are only provided upon request and subject to availability and at a cost
Refer to the map below to see a list of pick up locations that are available for you to choose from. You can select your desired pick up location when you book the tour.
List of Locations:
Pick up is also available for other locations under the vicinity of Tawau. For more information, please contact Adventoro's concierge service.