Tour Code: SDK-08 Duration: Approx 7 hours
See the playful Orangutans and the elusive Proboscis Monkeys in their natural habitats!
- See Semi-Wild Orangutans at Play at Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- See the Elusive and Peculiar Proboscis Monkey at Labuk Bay
Begin your adventure for the day with an approximate 35-minute drive towards Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre, where orphaned and injured Orangutans are brought to be rehabilitated to be returned to the wild. Sepilok features a primary lowland forest which is also a fine showcase of Borneo’s remaining rainforests; this gives visitors a perfect opportunity to view the elusive Orangutans in their natural habitat. There is a boardwalk which leads to a viewing gallery and feeding platform where the apes are fed milk and bananas at 10:00 am.
After having a delicious lunch at a local restaurant, we will make our way towards Labuk Bay, a mangrove forest that covers about 400 acres, 45 minutes away from the city. The Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary is located right in the middle of this forest, right along the coastal land near Samawang Village. There is an observation area where visitors will have the delight of having a reasonably close and magnificent sight of these elusive monkeys which is one the most peculiar animal in the world and endemic to Borneo!
- English-Speaking Guide
- Return Transfer
- Entrance Fees
- Meals: Lunch
What's Not Included:
- Camera/Video Camera Fees
- Beverages (alcoholic/carbonate/juice)
- Rates Do Not Include Travel, Repatriation and PA Insurance
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeings
- Recommended to prepare own insect repellent, raincoat (umbrellas not recommended), hat and sunscreen
- Wear good walking shoes and comfortable cotton T-shirt with long or short pants
- Child prices apply for children of ages 2 to 11. A minimum of two (2) adult tickets are required to be eligible for child ticket prices
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own