Tour Code: PER-07 Duration: Approx 3 Hours
Embark on an exciting adventure to discover the infamous Rafflesia flower and chance upon the magnificent Rajah Brooke Butterfly.
- Explore the Tropical Rainforest
- Discover the Largest Flower in the World
- Encounter the Rajah Brooke Butterfly
Join us as we scour the tropical jungle of Gopeng in search of the Rafflesia—the world’s largest flower—that is notorious for its smell; some would claim that it smells like a rotting corpse! This infamous flower takes roughly 6 months to come to full bloom but takes only a jiffy (approximately 2 to 3 days) to decompose. Known also as the “Queen of Parasites,” it has been used in Indonesia as components of traditional medicine; linked to stemming internal bleeding and shrinking of the womb after childbirth. Some claim that it can even restore the female figure post-labour.
En route, we will also keep an eye out for the national butterfly of Malaysia—the Rajah Brooke Butterfly. This elusive butterfly can be discovered imbibing on moisture from naturally mineralised seepages or sulphur springs. The leisurely hike will take approximately 3 hours, covering a total distance of 3 kilometres. This exquisite and rare experience certainly takes centre stage in any visit to the Gopeng rainforest. Rest assured that you will be accompanied by an experienced guide who will describe various flora and fauna and point it out to you as you come across it.
- 09:00 am to 09:30 am (Morning)
- 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm (Afternoon)
- English-Speaking Guide
- Meals: Lunch
- Return Transfer
- Necessary Safety Equipment
- Entrance Fee
- Official Participation Certificate
- First Aid Kit
What's Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- This tour requires a minimum of 3 pax to be confirmed. Tour operator reserves the right to cancel tour if minimum pax is not met
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition
- Please bring a change of clothes, headlamp or torchlight, towel, insect repellent, sunblock lotion, camera
- Please contact Adventoro Customer Service to check on the blooming season of the Rafflesia flower (Call/Whatsapp: +6010 468 8011)
- It is advisable to wear shorts, long pants, tights and t-shirts; strap sandals or shoes
- Children aged 12 years and below and pregnant women are not permitted
- Sightings of wildlife is not guaranteed
- Travellers/Visitors should be physically fit
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own.
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time.