Tour Code: VDH-12 Duration: Approx 8 Hours
Challenge yourself with a cave exploration package designed to draw out nothing but the best in you at Nuoc Nut!
- Discover the 2 Million-Year-old River cave of Hang Nuoc Nut
- Find out About the rich Flora and Fauna Diversity Along the Lang Va Valley Jungle Trail
- Be awed by the Intricate rock Formations and the Pristine Underground River of Hang Nuoc Nut
Exploring caves do not have to be a dangerous adventure of its own! There is much to see and experience even in a family friendly cave exploration journey. You can even enjoy the diversity and richness of the flora and fauna of the journey as well. Get the best of both worlds with a relaxing trekking journey and beautiful pictures on this 1-day discovery trip.
Once we pick you up, you will first head to the Headquarter just by Son River. There, you will collect your equipment and attend the safety briefing and guide session. When the session finishes, you will then sign your Release Form before a 30 minutes’ drive into the National Park into the drop off point and trailhead. The trek will start properly once you arrive at the trailhead and you will begin by spending around an hour trekking through Lang Va Valley. Simultaneously, you will get to learn about the biodiversity of the flora and fauna in Phong Nha - Ke Bang National Park. Moving ahead, you will arrive and stop at the entrance of Nuoc Nut Cave entrance for a short break and picnic lunch. With a delicious lunch served by a skilled chef, you will get plenty of revitalisation for your journey ahead.
At around 12:30 P.M., you will continue into the cave. The passage first feels narrow but will gradually open up to reveal a huge cave inside. Put on your Petzl helmets and Hope Technology 1500 lumen headlamps as you proceed inside the cave. As you reach the vast chamber, snap your camera away for some beautiful shorts. Do not miss out on the rock formations, underground river and (if you’re lucky) sunbeam peeking into the cave. After about 3 hours in, you will finish the day trekking back through the jungle to the pick-up point. There, our bus will be waiting to take you back to your hotel.
For Join-in Tours:
- If written cancellation request is received and acknowledged more than 90 days before tour departure you will be charged a VND 7,000,000 booking processing fee per person for cancellation and the balance will be refunded
- If written cancellation request is received less than 90 days but more than 45 days before tour departure you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of total booking price and the balance will be refunded
- If written cancellation request is received less than 45 days before tour departure, no refund will be provided under any circumstance. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations
For Private Tours:
- If a cancellation request is received and acknowledged more than 90 days before the tour departure you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booking price and the balance will be refunded
- If a cancellation request is received less than 90 days before the tour departure no refund will be provided under any circumstance. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations
- You may substitute members of the group up to 1 month prior to the tour departure as long as the substitute members meet our medical and fitness requirements
- Return transport
- Cave & safety gear: caving helmets, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 - 46
- Meals including picnic lunches
- English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter to carry all camping gear and prepare meals
- Shared dry box for phones and cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters)
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
What's Not Included:
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 pax to be confirmed
- The minimum age for this tour is 12 years old
- This tour has an easy difficulty and is designed for physically active guests
- Please also note that basic trekking experience is required for this tour
- The operating period for this tour is from December to August and will be closed from September to November
- This tour is subject to availability. Please check with Adventoro Concierge (Call / Whatsapp +6010 468 8011) to inquire about the availability of this tour
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing tours
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during the stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own
- Please Also Bring:
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes - difficult terrain, good footwear necessary
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- 1 pair of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
Refer to the map below to see a list of pick up locations that are available for you to choose from. You can select your desired pick up location when you book the tour.
List of Locations:
Pick up is also available for other locations under the vicinity of Phong Nha. For more information, please contact Adventoro's concierge service.