Tour Code: LGK-02 Duration: Approx 6 Hours
Discover Langkawi’s hidden gems; a mangrove forest home to bizarre animals, bat caves that are home to fruit bats and a serene aquaculture farm.
- Observe Gorgeous Limestone Formations and Wonderful Animals at the Geopark
- Tour Bat Cave and Crocodile Cave in Silence
- Visit an Aquaculture Farm and Dine on a Floating Restaurant
- Watch Birds of Prey in the Sky While Getting Your Feet Tickled by Fishes
Serenity comes to mind when you decide to embark on the Northern Mangrove Tour. Departing early from the hotel, prepare yourself for a 5 to 6-hour long excursion to Langkawi’s secret wetland; home to fascinating mangroves conjoined with gorgeous limestone formations and rocky outcropping—a sight to behold. Recognised as a UNESCO Geopark, it is now accessible to tourists, offering the chance to gaze at geology, flora and fauna that are unique to the wetlands.
These mangrove forests play a crucial role in protecting the coastline as well as a natural habitat for mudskippers, crabs, monitor lizards and various other animals that are dependent on mangrove forests to thrive. Chance encounters with macaques and rare birds such as the Brown Winged Stork-bill Kingfisher and various other birds of prey are something to look forward to.
Next, prepare to visit a bat cave and the enchanting crocodile cave. Watch out for bat guano as you journey through the bat cave by boat. This eerie experience is accentuated by the flapping sounds of bats’ wings and thousands of eyes leering at you from above. Adding on to the excitement, the crocodile cave—so named after its early inhabitants—has beautiful limestone formations for you to admire.
As the penultimate leg of the tour, visit the fish farm where you will observe aquaculture activities and also enjoy a lovely meal at the Hole in the Wall Fish Farm & Restaurant. Touted as the only floating restaurant in Langkawi, it is surrounded by gorgeous limestone formations and lush mangrove forests that add to the dining experience. Enjoy the sensation of getting tickled at the tip of your toes by tame fishes as you feed them and watch out for birds of prey such as the Brahminy Kites as they swoop down in search of food.
- 8:00 am to 8:30 am
- English-Speaking Guide
- Meals: Lunch
What's Not Included:
- Tour Excursions Exclude All Entrance Fees Unless Stated Otherwise
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing
- Bring along sunblock and insect repellent
- Child prices apply for children of ages 2 to 12. A minimum of two (2) adult tickets are required to be eligible for child ticket prices
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own