Tour Code: KUC-34 Duration: Approx 4 Hours
Explore the shorelines of the Kuching Wetlands National Park and catch a glimpse of the interesting wildlife and birds that call this mangrove their home!
- Explore the River Estuaries of Kuching Wetlands National Park
- Discover the Exciting Wildlife Living in the Mangroves
- Look Out for the Elusive Irrawaddy Dolphins
Your adventure begins with a scenic 45-minutes’ drive towards Damai Peninsular at the Kuching Wetlands National Park, which covers an area of 6,610 hectares on the estuarine reaches of the Sibu Laut and Salak rivers. The park was first designated as a wetland of international importance under the RAMSAR Convention in 2005. Serving as one of the last remnants of the formerly extensive Sarawak Mangrove Forest Reserve, which previously covered approximately 17,000 hectares that were first protected in 1924, the mangroves are also an important spawning and nursery ground for fish and prawn species.
On the cruise, we will proceed to explore the river estuaries at the Park. The mangrove shoreline offers sightings of wildlife including proboscis monkeys, long-tailed macaque monkeys, silver-leaf monkeys and monitor lizards. A range of bird life can be found as well, including kingfishers, white-bellied sea eagles and other shore birds. If you are lucky, you may even catch a glimpse of the elusive Irrawaddy Dolphins as they frolic around the estuaries in the morning or evening hours.
- 8:30 am to 9:00 am (Morning)
- 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm (Afternoon)
- English-Speaking Guide
- Return Transfer
- Entrance Permits
What’s Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Rates Do Not Include Travel, Repatriation, and PA Insurance
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeings
- Please note that the animals mentioned are wild, therefore there are no sighting guarantees
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and light clothing
- Suggested Items: insect repellent, sunscreen lotion or sun hat and your camera at your own risk
- Child prices apply for children of ages 3 to 12. A minimum of two (2) adult tickets are required to be eligible for child ticket prices
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own