Tour Code: VDH-11 Duration: 2 Days / 1 Night
Experience an exciting trekking journey across the lush jungle of Phong Nha and visit Hang Va, home to the beautiful knobbly tower cone rock formations.
- Discover the 2 Million-Year-old River cave of Hang Nuoc Nut
- Explore Hang Va, home to the Beautiful Knobbly Tower Cones
- Swim in the Turquoise Downstream pool and Admire the Stunning cave Ceiling of Hang Va
Every cave has its own allure. No one cave is the same and this is greatly illustrated by the Hang Va Cave. This towering cave houses many tower cones, titanic rock formations that could span up to an 85 m width. What’s more, the external layer of calcite gives the Hang Va tower cones their beautiful knobby texture as compared to the conventional ones. As you make your way to Hang Va, you will also pass by the cave of Hang Nuoc Nut. This 2 Million-Year-Old River cave has some of the oldest collection of rock formations which is a testament to how it has managed to stand the test of time. Join us as we bring you along to explore the marvel of these two wonderful caves.
Day 1 - Phong Nha / Hang Nuoc Nut / Hang Va (Jungle Camp)
First, we will head to the HQ to collect your gear and sign your Release Form. Upon completion and after listening to the briefing, we will head straight to the trailhead. From there, you will enter the jungle and make your way to the entrance of Hang Nuoc Nut. It is going to be slightly dark so gear up by wearing your Petzl helmets and Hope technology 1500 lumen headlamps. Entering the cave, the first few sections are narrow but soon widens up to reveal an otherworldly side of Hang Nuoc Nut. Afterwards, we sit down and have some lunch before making our way to the cave. Once you finish your delicious lunch, enter the cave and be amazed by the beautiful rock formations, underground river and huge passage - all prime makings of photographic opportunities.
When you leave the cave, you will continue on a jungle path with challenging terrain. Make your way around and over the challenge while trying to reach your campsite next to the entrance of Hong Va. Dinner will then be served and you will get to rest your feet for the day and ready yourself for tomorrow.
Day 2 - Hang Va / Phong Nha
Wake up to a fantastic scent of cooked breakfast as you nourish yourself before the highlight of the trip. Climb down the steep and slippery entrance of Hang Va while ensuring that you are firmly attached to a harness. Remember to always wear the harness even as you enter Hang Va for safety purposes. Depending on the time, you might get the chance to swim in a downstream pool inside the cave. If not, you will head upstream, climb up and down and squeeze yourself in between the rocks. Be warned that the water level can go as high as the chest level and that you will spend most of your time walking in the water flowing through the river passage.
Once you reach the end of the wet passage, you will still need the harness to climb to the high-level passageway. Then, feast yourself on the beautiful and unusual rock formations thronging the upper chamber as you snap your camera away. Even when it is dark, you will still be able to take beautiful pictures with your headlamps and Hope technology. After the photo-taking session, you will then make your way back to the camp, enjoy your lunch and walk to the pick-up point where our driver will take you back to your place by 5 P.M
For Join-in Tours:
- If written cancellation request is received and acknowledged more than 90 days before tour departure you will be charged a VND 7,000,000 booking processing fee per person for cancellation and the balance will be refunded
- If written cancellation request is received less than 90 days but more than 45 days before tour departure you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of total booking price and the balance will be refunded
- If written cancellation request is received less than 45 days before tour departure, no refund will be provided under any circumstance. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations
For Private Tours:
- If a cancellation request is received and acknowledged more than 90 days before the tour departure you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booking price and the balance will be refunded
- If a cancellation request is received less than 90 days before the tour departure no refund will be provided under any circumstance. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations
- You may substitute members of the group up to 1 month prior to the tour departure as long as the substitute members meet our medical and fitness requirements
- Return transport
- Cave & safety gear: caving helmets, caving headlight, harness, gloves
- Camping gear: tent (with mosquito net), camp light, sleeping bag, mattresses & pillow
- Semi-dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics) for inside your backpack
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 - 46
- Meals including picnic lunches, BBQ dinner (day 1), breakfast (day 2)
- English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter to carry all camping gear and prepare meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (20cm x 15cm or 22cm x 20cm and limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters)
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using Western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
What's Not Included:
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 pax to be confirmed
- The minimum age for this tour is 16 years old
- This tour has a moderate-to-hard difficulty and is designed for physically active guests
- Please also note that basic trekking experience is required for this tour
- The operating period for this tour is from December to August and will be closed from September to November
- This tour is subject to availability. Please check with Adventoro Concierge (Call / Whatsapp +6010 468 8011) to inquire about the availability of this tour
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing tours
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during the stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own
- Please Also Bring:
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes - difficult terrain, good footwear necessary. Gore-Tex/waterproof boots are NOT recommended as they do not drain well (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 2 pair of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Backpack to hold personal items
- 1 pair of flip flops (sandals) for the campsite
- 1 small towel
- 1 set of camp clothes (shorts are okay for around camp, please bring a fleece in winter)
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
Refer to the map below to see a list of pick up location(s) that are available for you to choose from. You can select your desired pick up location when you book the tour.
List of Location(s):
Pick up is also available for other location(s) under the vicinity of Phong Nha. For more information, please contact Adventoro's concierge service.