Tour Code: VDH-09 Duration: 2 Days / 1 Night
Experience the breathtaking rock formations of Hang Tien 1 and the exquisitely patterned ceiling of Hang Tien 2
- Take part in an Exciting Trekking Experience Amidst the lush Primary Forest of Hang Tien
- Dip into the Pristine Jungle Pool Surrounded by Beautiful Rocky Outcrop in Hang Tien 1
- Explore Hang Tien 1 and its Beautifully Patterned cave Ceiling
- Make your way Through the Ethereal Hang Tien 2 and Discover its Magnificent rock Formations
The wonderful cave of Hang Tien is surrounded by nature’s gift. Its surrounding verdant forest decorates it in a blanket of green while the clear jungle pool provides a cool refreshing respite amidst the hot tropical sun. Its natural rock formations have fascinated many who traverse the cave and is one of the prime destinations for travellers. Be pleasantly surprised as we take you onto this overnight tour and explore the beautiful cave of Hang Tien.
Day 1 - Phong Nha / Tan Hoa / Hang Uy
After the pickup, we will first head to Tan Hoa office. Here, you will learn all you need to know about the safety measures and collect your trekking gear. Suit up, sign the Release Form and get yourself pumped as we are going to embark on our journey! The hike starts with an hour’s worth of uphill trekking followed by a downward hike along the river. But fret not because you are accompanied by the picturesque view as you go. Experience the rush of adrenaline pumping through your heart as you slowly hike higher and higher up and the landscape changes from a lush green forest to a steep green valley. The constant rush of the river and occasional water droplet that tickles your legs also gives a refreshing feel to the challenging journey itself. At around 1:00 pm, you will stop for lunch before crossing the river and continuing on your trek toward Hang Uy. In order to reach Hang Uy itself, you also need to scramble on rocks on a 20m high hill all the way to the cave entrance.
At 4:00 P.M. we will make our way upriver from Hang Uy where the campsite is. With a refreshing and stunning natural jungle pool by the campsite, you are free to enjoy some cool dip in the pool and take pictures of the site and pool before the sun sets. As you retreat for the day, enjoy the tantalising BBQ dinner prepared for you and recharge early for tomorrow.
Day 2 - Hang Tien 1 / Hang Tien 2 / Tan Hoa / Phong Nha
First and foremost, it’s time for breakfast! Sate your rumbling tummy with the mouthwatering breakfast prepared by the porter team. Energise and get yourself ready for the first challenge of the day - climbing through a field of boulders. This challenging terrain lies ahead of the road toward Hang Tien 1 and will definitely give you the additional kick you need to get the day started. Once you arrive in Hang Tien 1, you will be fully awake and able to enjoy the beautiful interior of the cave laden with a beautifully patterned ceiling. You will also be able to see some gour pools formed inside the cave before we make our way toward the exit of Hang Tien 1.
Next will be another 30 minutes of jungle trekking before you head back to another subterranean cave called Hang Tien 2. Vast, beautiful and seemingly ethereal, be amazed by the rich rock formation and journey inside for 300 metres before heading to the exit and returning to Hang Tien 1 and sit down for lunch. After lunch, we will make our way back from the forest to the road where cold drinks are waiting for us. Upon returning back to Tan Hoa, you will be able to shower and change your clothes before we head back to Phong Nha and conclude the tour.
For Join-in Tours:
- If written cancellation request is received and acknowledged more than 90 days before tour departure you will be charged a VND 7,000,000 booking processing fee per person for cancellation and the balance will be refunded
- If written cancellation request is received less than 90 days but more than 45 days before tour departure you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of total booking price and the balance will be refunded
- If written cancellation request is received less than 45 days before tour departure, no refund will be provided under any circumstance. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations
For Private Tours:
- If a cancellation request is received and acknowledged more than 90 days before the tour departure you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the total booking price and the balance will be refunded
- If a cancellation request is received less than 90 days before the tour departure no refund will be provided under any circumstance. Please make sure you have your own travel insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations
- You may substitute members of the group up to 1 month prior to the tour departure as long as the substitute members meet our medical and fitness requirements
- Return transport
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmets, caving headlight, gloves, life jacket
- Camping gear: tent, camp light, sleeping bag, mattresses & pillow
- Light PVC backpack (if you do not wish to take your own, as it will get wet)
- Semi-dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics) for inside the (light PVC) backpack
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 - 46
- Meals including picnic lunches, dinner (day 1), breakfast (day 2)
- English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter to carry all camping gear and prepare meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras) depending on water level
- Water purifier (used only by guide and porters) and water bottle
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using Western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
- Secure Storage Facility at the Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
What's Not Included:
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 pax to be confirmed
- The minimum age for this tour is 16 years old
- This tour has a moderate (13.5 km) difficulty and is designed for physically active guests
- Please also note that basic trekking experience is required for this tour
- The operating period for this tour is from December to August and will be closed from September to November
- This tour is subject to availability. Please check with Adventoro Concierge (Call / Whatsapp +6010 468 8011) to inquire about the availability of this tour
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing tours
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during the stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own
- Please Also Bring:
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 2 long sleeved shirts to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of shorts and a T-shirt to wear at campsite and swimsuit
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes - difficult terrain, good footwear necessary. Gore-Tex/waterproof boots are NOT recommended as they do not drain well
- 1 pair of flip flops (sandals) for the campsite
- 1 medium sized towel
- 2 - 3 pairs of calf-length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
Refer to the map below to see a list of pick up locations that are available for you to choose from. You can select your desired pick up location when you book the tour.
List of Locations:
Pick up is also available for other locations under the vicinity of Phong Nha. For more information, please contact Adventoro's concierge service.