Tour Code: BKI-26-1PAX Duration: 2 Days / 1 Night
- Hike up to Laban Rata while Passing by Varying Vegetation
- Hike to the Summit (Low's Peak)
- Enjoy Breathtaking Sunrise at the Peak
Day 1 – Park HQ / Timp. Gate / Ascend Mount Kinabalu / Laban Rata
Make a 2-hour journey to your nature getaway at Kinabalu Park, leaving your hotel at approximately 6.30 am. Head towards the Park’s HQ to collect your packed lunch before proceeding to register for an attempt at Mount Kinabalu. Exchange greetings with your assigned guide and make sure to apply for an ID tag to be worn at all times. After that, you will be transferred to Timpohon Gate, the start of your journey begins. Taking approximately 4 to 5 hours, you will pass by varying vegetation zones with numerous distinct plants such as the Oak and Chestnut trees to mossy and alpine vegetation, depending on altitude.
The sight of Laban Rata huts will flood you with relief, marking your ascent to 3,272 metres altitude. Do note that the dormitories are non-heated and without a water heater. It is important to stay dry as the climate is naturally damp and cold; dropping to 8°C in the evenings. Explore your surroundings, rest and rejuvenate for the ascent the following day. Enjoy a hearty buffet dinner at Laban Rata restaurant before hitting the hay to keep spirits up and replenish your energy reserves.
DAY 2 – Low's Peak / Descend Mount Kinabalu / Kota Kinabalu
You will have to wake up at an ungodly hour (2 am) for an early supper before pressing on to Low’s Peak (4095m) via the Summit Trail—a true test of endurance and your determination. Depending on how fast you go, you might even get to witness the breathtaking sight of the sun rising over Mount Kinabalu—if the weather permits. Take a moment to admire the sights and revel in the sense of accomplishment before descending back to Laban Rata at 7 am to check out. Then, continue on to Timpohon Gate for the transfer back to Kinabalu Park Headquarters.
Collect your Certification of Achievement before enjoying a scrumptious buffet lunch at Balsam Restaurant in Kinabalu Park. Lay back and rest as you embark on your 2-hour journey home, leaving behind footprints and bringing with you fond memories and an unforgettable experience.
Cancellations after confirmation of tour will incur a 50% charge of the total package price. This fund is not refundable, in whole or in part, cannot be brought forward and/or used for future bookings.
Cancellation within 29-15 days prior to the tour date: 75% of total package payment incurred.
Cancellation within 14-2 days prior to the tour date: 85% of total package payment incurred.
Cancellation within 24 hours or no show: No refunds.
- English-speaking Mountain Guide
- Hotel Return Transfer
- Return Transfer (Park HQ-Timpohon Gate-Park HQ)
- Entrance Fees
- Full-Board Meals: 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Climbing Insurance, Permit & Certificate of Achievement
- One (1) Night's at Laban Rata Accommodation (Non-Heated Dormitory)
What's Not Included:
- Porter Fee (RM 130.00/10kg)
- Luggage Keeping Fee (RM 12.00/Luggage)
- Beverages / Alcoholic Drinks
- Travel Insurance
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- The remaining 50% payment is to be paid minimum 30 days before the climbing date. If payment is not made by the stipulated deadline, the booking will be considered as 'Cancelled' from the customer
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing
- For 2 Days 1 Night packages, bookings can only be made 30 days before the climbing date. Accommodations are subject to availability
- Prices shown are based on two (2) pax. For solo or group travellers, please check with Adventoro Concierge (Call / Whatsapp +6010 468 8011)
- Please prepare waterproof backpack, trekking or running shoes with good grip, warm clothing, windbreaker, extra clothing, raincoat, head torch, toiletries, refillable water bottle, high energy food (chocolates, nuts, energy bars)
- Extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee
- A maximum of 5 climbers per mountain guide is allowed for climbers 16 years old and above
- A maximum of 2 climbers per mountain guide is allowed for climbers 15 years old and below
- An additional mountain guide costs RM 230.00 per guide
- For climbers who reach Timpohon Gate late (after 4:00 pm), a fee of RM 15.00 per hour/guide is chargeable and to be paid directly to the mountain guide on the spot
- RM150 Surcharge on transportation if the client failed to follow scheduled departure 1600 hrs after the mountain climb
- Local mountain guide will accompany clients during the trek to the summit
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own
- Note: Starting from 1st September 2017, a tourism tax of RM10 per room per night will be imposed on non-Malaysian tourists for all types of hotels and accommodations. This is payable to the hotel upon check-out