Tour Code: BKI-28 Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
Ascend to the summit of Mount Kinabalu for unparalleled views and inimitable experiences.
- Visit Nabalu Market to Purchase Some Fresh Local Produce
- Explore the Kinabalu Park and Spot the Largest Flower in the World—the Rafflesia
- Attempt to Summit Mount Kinabalu (Low's Peak)
Day 1 – Kota Kinabalu / Nabalu Market / Kinabalu Park
Standing proudly as the tallest mountain in Malaysia, Mount Kinabalu makes a lasting impression for all those daring enough hike to her summit. The mountain itself is the pride and joy of Sabah, dominating a vast expanse of land and casts a veil of mystery over the surrounding forestland, which adds on to its alluring charm. The tour you will be partaking in will last a total of three days and two nights by which you would leave Sabah with experiences and memories that would remain strong for the rest of your life.
Start off your day early, where you will journey from your hotel on a leisurely drive towards Kinabalu National Park. En route to the park, stop by Nabalu, where you will get the chance to meander at the local fruit and vegetable stalls and perhaps shop for handicrafts. As you continue on your journey, you won't miss the park as it is situated some 1500m above sea level on the slopes of Mount Kinabalu. Rub your eyes to ensure you aren't dreaming as you gape in awe at the lowland, montane, and alpine vegetation on a scale unrivalled elsewhere in the world.
If you are in luck, you may be able to spot rare butterflies and even a glimpse of the largest flower in the world; the Rafflesia! This beautiful flower emits a powerful odour and is indigenous to Sabah. Bearing the title of Malaysia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site, Kinabalu Park plays a role as one of the most important biological sites in the world. Staying true to the theme of the environment, enjoy your dinner surrounded by nature and tuck in for a good rest as the next day holds new adventures.
Day 2 - Park HQ / Timp. Gate. Ascend Mount Kinabalu / Laban Rata
As you awaken to the sound of birds chirping and the smell of nature wafting through the open windows, the real adventure begins. Eat a hearty breakfast at the park restaurant before collecting your packed lunch. Next, head to the Park HQ where you are required to register for the climb, meet your assigned mountain guide, and apply for your ID TAG which is mandatory to be worn at all times. Your ascension to the summit will start from Timpohon Gate, the initial point for all climbers.
All in all, you would be climbing up the mountainous terrain for a good 4-5 hours. Marvel at the different vegetation zones along the trek with species such as Oak, Chestnut, mossy and eventually alpine type of vegetation. As the late afternoon sun hangs in the sky, you would arrive at Laban Rata and check into one of the non-heated dormitory beds which will serve as your accommodation for the night. End your day of hiking with a scrumptious buffet dinner at Laban Rata restaurant.
Day 3 - Low's Peak / Descend Mount Kinabalu / Kota Kinabalu
Awaken at (0200 hours) to grab a bite and freshen up as you would have to immediately depart for the continuation of the journey towards the summit. At the height of 4,095m, the journey up to Low's Peak will put both your fitness and determination to the test. If you manage to ace both aspects and the weather is favourable, you might gain the golden opportunity to experience a phenomenal sight of a glorious sunrise over the majestic Mount Kinabalu.
As the jungle starts to awaken, start your descend back to Laban Rata where you will be greeted by a late breakfast. After your meal, check out of your accommodations and trek back down to Timpohon Gate for a transfer back to the Kinabalu Park Headquarters. You can now collect your Certificate of Achievement and cross this adventure off your bucket list. Feast on a buffet lunch at the Balsam restaurant in Kinabalu Park before being transferred back to Kota Kinabalu City.
- 6:45 am to 7:15 am
- English-Speaking Mountain Guide
- Hotel Return Transfer
- Return Transfer (Park HQ-Timpohon Gate-Park HQ)
- Entrance Fees
- Full-Board Meals: 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinner
- Climbing Insurance, Permit & Certificate of Achievement
- One (1) Night's Accommodation at Kinabalu National Park (Dormitory-Style Bedding)
- One (1) Night's Accommodation at Laban Rata Resthouse (Dormitory-Style Bedding)
What's Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Airfares, Porter Fee
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Transfer duration above are estimated and subject to traffic and weather condition, and not inclusive of any sightseeing
- Please prepare waterproof backpack, trekking or running shoes with good grip, warm clothing, windbreaker, extra clothing, raincoat, head torch, toiletries, refillable water bottle, high energy food (chocolates, nuts, energy bars)
- Extra luggage can be stored at Kinabalu Park HQ at a nominal fee of MYR 10 per piece prior to climb
- Please inform the Park Ranger if you would like to attempt other nature trails
- Local mountain guide will accompany the clients during the trek to the summit
- Child prices apply for children of ages 2 to 11. A minimum of two (2) adult tickets are required to be eligible for child ticket prices
- Please adhere to strict pick-up time punctuality. Tour operators may forfeit tours for travellers if no-show during stipulated time
- Registered name of the traveller must be corresponding with photograph documentation (Example: Passport). Tour operators reserve the right to reject if registered traveller fails to provide photographed documentation of their own
- Note: Starting from 1st September 2017, a tourism tax of RM10 per room per night will be imposed on non-Malaysian tourists for all types of hotels and accommodations. This is payable to the hotel upon check-out